Wednesday, July 20, 2005

miffed

The Melbourne International Film Festival starts today - Who's going? I got the guide when I was nerding on in Siddles and have attacked it with a highlighter. Perhaps I should post my recommendations as per Mark's terribly orgainsed Miff blog.

I always thought that the word 'miff' had positive connotations - a cute way of saying something pleases you - perhaps this is because I associated the word with that sickeningly cute little rabbit that all the teenage girls at school were obsessed with.

But of course, I was wrong (imagine that?) and miff the verb means to annoy, or as a noun means a petty quarrel or a fit of pique - much like Countesses' last post.

As I'm typing this, the guys that are working on the the law building opposite my office window are having their lunch break at the top of the scaffolding looking out over the city and I'm thinking to myself now there's a lunchroom.



In fact, now there's a job! better at any rate than sticking around here and getting fucked up the erse by an organisation that is so frightened of the VSU that it's on the verge of self destruction.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woe! Controversial content removed in an act of self-censorship! The running dogs have cowed the howling wolf!

10:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Site Counter