Tuesday, August 09, 2005

What's a girl to do?

My friend is in a bit of a bind.

And no, it's not me. I'm not lurking behind the friend chimera because this is not the kind of dilemma that gives me pause for thought.

Anyway, my friend would really like to go and see:














but has already made other arrangements, the kind that can't be blown off. This is the Drones' last gig for ages, but plans for that night have even been diarised, which is evidence of their immutability.

Hmmm, this is a toughie. On one hand, there's the karmic aspect that can only be satisfied in the positive by honouring the original commitment; but there's an anarchic thrill to be had by giving into impulse and just doing whatever you want, when you want it - circumstances and friendships be damned!

I have another friend who is going to see this, uh, 'collective':














There's been no wailing and ululating at the threat of missing this, as we (okay, me) madly invent 'prior' engagements in order to avoid it.*

* yes, I am aware that taste in music is very personal , that many people love the dub, that rock'n'roll doesn't satisfy everyone's souls yada yada yada. To which I say: NO SLEEP 'TIL VODAFONE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Site Counter