Monday, September 12, 2005

The Blog Next Door

More observant bloggers and nerd-types have probably noticed the 'next blog' function in the top right-hand corner of the screen. At least I hope it's the right side... I am notoriously bad at distinguishing between right and left - don't ever let me navigate while you drive if you want to get to your destination on time and/or not hate me for the rest of your life.

So I clicked 'next blog' to see who our neighbours in the 'sphere are. In real life, I am not a particularly neighbourly person. I mean, I'm not the kind of neighbour that Today Tonight devotes segments to, and I don't have too many (indeed, I don't have any) cats, but I've never really cultivated my neighbours. To be honest, in my last place, I actively wished a protracted, painful death on the hippy who lived upstairs and her idiot child, but they truly deserved my wrath. In my darkest moments, I was tempted to shop her to Child Protective Services in the hope that they would remove her screaming brat to a place far, far away from me. But that would have been mean and most likely bad karma, though I was curious about how she would explain away her spawn's propensity to scream from 2.ooam 'til dawn every morning. But I didn't, partly because of the effort involved (ringing a toll-free number and leaving an anonymous tip-off seemed too fearsome a strain) and partly because I moved away. It's now some other poor tenant's problem.

Now I am very lucky to only have one neighbour, a very old lady from Mittel Europ who is always at home. She is incredibly - some would say unnervingly - quiet, and I get the occasional pang of guilt when I crank up Slayer or something else that I assume old ears would find obnoxious.*

Anyway, I don't have a long history of neighbourliness. But I was curious about the Blog Next Door. What would it be like? Where would it be from? I have my favourite blogs (the subject of a future post) - would 'Next Blog' belong to that esteemed company or would it just be blah like most blogs? Also, is 'Next Blog' always the same blog? Somebody knowledgable about the inner workings of blogspot.com, answer me!

To save you clicking on the next blog function yourself, S?ITYS's neighbour is Little Jonathan's Blog. Little Jonathan is 9 months old, and boy! does his Mommy like to take his photo and post them online along with charming captions about what she assumes is going on in Little Jonathan's head. Which, considering (a) Little Jonathan isn't even a year old and (b) Little Jonathan's Mommy is about as inspired and original as a Hallmark card, isn't much. For example:














This is the way I like to view the world right now. It's much more interesting from an upside-down perspective.

I feel for Little Jonathan on his 18th and/or 21st birthdays. American children have committed mass murder in the schoolyard for less.

* Please note: I only ever play loud music between the reasonable and lawful hours of 10am-10pm.

3 Comments:

Blogger RandomWeirdo said...

The blog next door constantly changes (I think its just random). I just checked and you had 'Amateur Girls Gallery' as your blog next door, which i'd imagine gets a little noisy.

I have come across some nice stuff just clicking that little button, but most of it is dross.

7:24 pm  
Blogger RandomWeirdo said...

Awwww countess.... and I didnt think there was any way to shut you up... :p

9:35 am  
Blogger tchick said...

I got
All things hateriffic run by a guy that looks uncannily like Bill Cosby. Check out the Penile Challenge post half way down the page

12:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Site Counter