Saturday, September 10, 2005

the hotel concierge lost my luggage

I'm back in Melbourne now, and I am now the proud owner of only the clothes I am wearing on my back. So all you kids who give me shtick for wearing that spotty skirt too much, you're about to see a WHOLE LOT MORE of it. Suppose it could be worse, I could be locked up in a dark dank rat infested morroccan prison ... at least I have my freedom :P

I've had a glorious week in a five star hotel looking out over the Indian Ocean, broken up by worrying about our foreign correspondent, talking to sysadmins about OS X, lots o drinking and smoking (thanks pete) and a sodden rainsoaked foray into Fremantle.



The highlight of the trip was definitely the conference dinner at the Aquarium of Western Australia. I was surprised at how fun it is to wander around a an Aquarium at night tanked up on free booze and surrounded by IT nerds. Nick has posted some really good pics of the night on his blog as well as a very good running comentary, although i noticed he's taken down the pics of jelly fish and he hasn't mentioned redecorating my bathroom.



I'm trying to be very zen about losing every piece of clothing that I love, but for now I'm consoling myself with a very expensive bottle of scotch and am wondering what I might wear to work on Monday. It's been suggested by more than one person I know that I wear glad wrap and silver foil, so for all of you readers in Melbourne - pop up to my place of work on monday for some light entertainment.

I have some serious shopping to do in the morning and when I get back I'm going to be finishing off my "Men of SAGE" calendar. I'm currently trying to find some appropriate dancing girls for the background of February, so WATCH THIS SPACE.

over and out

xxtchick

5 Comments:

Blogger tchick said...

Thank you spam comment.

So they found my luggage = apparently it's become a groupie and gone on tour with a band, it's currently in Margaret River. I can just see some crazy rock & roll band wearing my underwear on stage.

6:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They will make a fine hat.

8:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know you've hit the big time when you get spam on your blog. Though personally I'm more than happy for spam to be directed at blogs - maybe it will divert their attention away from my inbox.

Oh - and about time those irriots found your luggage. Though, if I found someone else's luggage in my bus I'd be tempted to take it on tour and send back photos, garden gnome style.

8:15 am  
Blogger tchick said...

I just got my luggage back, with a complementary bottle of wine ....

9:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

complementary bottle of wine? That was nice of then. All I got was a credit card bill... (which thankfully gets reimbursed when the paperwork goes through)

5:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Site Counter