Thursday, September 14, 2006

Well it's been a while ...

I'm trying to invent a word that describes the phenomenon in the blogosphere where people neglect their blogs for months on end, return briefly to say "I haven't posted for ages, but I promise I'll post regularly from now on" and then promptly disappear into the ether.

A quick and random survey of the blogosphere:

A 25 year old Dirty Greek boy in the States lamented in August that he was too busy studying to post to his blog, but he was back on September 11 to contemplate the gravity of the 5 year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.

(I laughed last night when a friend mentioned her favourite newspaper headline about that incident was "HOLY FUCKING SHIT")

Some guy claiming to be the king of the blogosphere hasn't posted for a while because he's been walking the earth like caine from Kung Fu making right what once went wrong.

This proud geek is apparently a serial blog neglector. But that's because he's busy being a geek, playing poker, playing computer games, and watching baseball.

Harry Ragan from Michigan didn't post for a while because he was busy getting married to the love of his life and apparently buying a couple of new cars.

So what's my excuse?

Well...

Let's just say I've been learning a lot.

I've learned a lot about friendship, a lot about myself and a lot about about people, and let me tell you:

people never . cease . to amaze me.

Take this for instance. This shit gives me nightmares, I don't know why:



hat tip to nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Site Counter