Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The Price of Rights...

... is eternal vigilance.

Go here and make a submission to the Senate Inquiry into the Workplace Relations Amendment (WorkChoices) Bill 2005 .

You have until tomorrow. I doesn't have to be long, but I can't urge you enough to register your rejection of the the changes to the IR system proposed by WorkChoices.

If you believe that employees and employers have relative bargaining power, I want to come and work with you. Are you on a commune where you have a stake in the management of your enterprise, because I doubt that you work anywhere in Australia, or that your particular work environment is representative of anything other than your personal good fortune.

There's a reason that a body of law and regulation around child labour, the minimum wage, hours of work, workers' compensation, penalty rates and similar was developed. It's because left to their own devices, employers exploit employees - and this happens regardless of the colour of your collar.

*here ends the public service announcement*

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice, succinct, cogent and not bogon at all.

8:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well after being called "right wing" (which tchick and I found quite amusing btw) I thought I'd better...

2:00 pm  
Blogger Aleks - Anarcho-Syndicalist said...

I did a submission for this (and a number of other) senate hearings, but the reality is that it will do fuck all.

On the positie side, maybe if things get really bad, people will take direct action against the government. Well, I can hope.

9:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Site Counter