Friday, August 19, 2005

a face only a mother could love....

You know, while I'm not a maniac cat lover who "wovves her little cute baby catty-watty", I find it somewhat disturbing that cats evoke such a strong negative reaction in some people...that I find downright scary and offensive. Like today, I was editing a photo of my cat (yes, during work hours and as you do) to send to one of my nearest and dearests, which provoked the strong reaction of "Oh my god that's scary" from someone from the cubicle over from mine. Which isn't to say that my cat isn't scary looking, and as some people call him, "ugly and ill-tempered", but hey, that's my ugly and ill-tempered that you're talking about.

I should have turned around and told him that his mother was fat and stupid.

But I didn't. The point is that it bothers me somewhat that people feel that they can insult someone's loved and cherished pet as if its "funny" and a "harmless" joke. People have taken to arms over less is what I say.

And I really don't think that its necessary to have to say that you'd like to use my cat (or any cat) as a football - as the man says - "if you don't like them, leave them alone."

Images have been edited to protect the innocent

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Site Counter